suivi avec Egbert

Forum privé réservé aux organisateurs
Verrouillé
Régis

suivi avec Egbert

Message par Régis » mar. sept. 23, 2003 9:40 am

Voici la réponse d'Egbert au sujet de l'hebergement.
Hi Régis,
thanks for your mail - it's almost a wonder to have it found between all the hundreds of virus- and SPAM-mails.
You would take some work off me, if you could find a hotel (2 bed-room) for Laura and me. I know, Paris isn't cheap, but if you make a choice please put in mind, that we will be millionaires not before the next year <g>. We plan to arrive by car at Thursday (23) late afternoon and we'll depart Sunday morning.
Régis, if you could find out a Karaoke-Bar where Laura could sing one evening, it would be great, but I'm not sure at all, whether such thing is to be found in Paris.
I'm looking forward to the convention :-)

Salutations - cette nuit j'ai préferé le travail moins fatigant d'écrire en anglais.
Egbert
Je vais voir avec lui pour l'hotel Muguet eventuellement.
Et je lui parlerai du topo sur sa présentation.

Mais, j'ai de grosses difficultés pour éradiquer ce fichu virus et me ré-abonner à Zoo.
J'ai vu la procédure sur pnews, mais je n'ai pas l'impression que cela fonctionne pour moi.

Régis

Régis

Message par Régis » mar. sept. 23, 2003 6:37 pm

Voici une réponse obtenue d'Egbert,
Je n'ai pas le temps de lui répondre ce soir. Je le ferai demain matin.

Par contre, concernant le site d'inscription, Egbert semble avoir des difficultés pour s'inscrire ou modifier son inscription.

Voici le texte d'Egbert
Bonjour Régis,
thanks for your proposals!

> About the SWEN virus, I am glad to see that it seems stopped.
Yes, seems so, I did get only one more the last 12 hours.

> If you want to join again news.zoo-logique.org
> and specially programmation.Paradox , you need to use a login and a
> password.
Ok - thanks, I'd lost the connection as Michel told to keep the NG down during the 'virus-storm'. Now I'll try again.

> About the hotel
> If you agree with those price, Just tell me, and we'll make the
> reservation for you.
> that means Egbert B : 1 night from thursday to friday : 85 + 7.2 euros
> 1 night from friday to saturday : 85 + 7.2 euros
> Laura B : 1 night from thursday to friday : 85 + 7.2 euros
> 1 night from friday to saturday : 85 + 7.2 euros
Isn't it a little cheaper getting one room with two beds in? I accept and prefer to be in the same hotel as the cited colleagues.
But I need with Laura one night more (for Laura and me from Saturday to Sunday), as we like to stay until Sunday morning.
Yes, I would be thankful if you make the reservation.

> About the convention:
> A Pxform, with a lot of information at this address:
> http://212.180.60.34:82
I wasn't able to enter my data in the form for creating a new account. The form opened but I could not enter the fields to write
something ;-(. I think the suggestions on your web-form for the case of fail don't apply to me?

> About the convention
> Can you tell us a bit more about your presentation.
I'm not yet sure, what the focus should be. I guess:
- show application and what they are doing?
- show some details of interesting programming modules?
- Should I take my PC-beamer with me?

What's the time I'll have, would it be in a private circle or in front of a more numerous public? I prefer a more private circle -
presentations in an official frame has been my work since umpteen years :( .
Please tell me a little more about the options and I'll ponder and make some proposals.
For a first survey here some possible topics:
- Show the 'state of art' of my developing of a report-editor (copying objects automatically from a report to a form to edit there
some style-aspects that would apply to the report when loaded)
- Show the explorer-utility with the possibility to highlighted records for selection (an example you may download here:
<quote>
http://www.BabstSoft.com/Test/PdoxExplorer.zip.

Extract it into a temp-folder, make this folder your work-dir and start the
form "StartExplorer.fsl".
This start-form is without any knittyfitty. To start the explorer itself
click the resp. button. Then you may test to select records.
</quote>
I can show an app, that I just since more then 10 years applied in my seminars called "Der Fall Busch" (the case Busch - not
related to president Bush <g>).
Here is something about it (sorry, only in German):
http://www.babstsoft.com/FallBusch/busch_1.htm

Its an intelligent, learning case-study how to interact with an (artificial) employee in a company. It studies the player's behavior
and uses this experience to change the behavior of the virtual protagonist 'Mr. Busch'. It's programmed with OPAL of P7 but I
would have to work hard to dig out some interesting programming points. Easier for me to show *how' it works especially,
because all shown text is in German language <g>.

> About karaoke,
> I think we'll some places for Laura.
Would be wonderful, I like to see and listen to Laura, and this more as I see her actually not so often. She lives in Spain and I
temporarily in Germany.
Michel seems to be (amusingly) scared understanding me so, that he or other members should sing too. I guess you have read
his response (I still have to laugh :-). Nor I won't sing either, this would be a catastrophe too. But having a beer or two (as
Mike seems to be interested) Laura could add her ability to entertain us with her song (only one or two, not catching focus all
the time, she isn't this way).

Salutations!
Régis

Verrouillé